tasters will surprise what the secret factor is on this hearty brown bread with the diffused, sudden fragrance of coconut oil.
1. 8 cups whole wheat flour
2. 5 teaspoons active dry yeast
3. 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
4. 2 teaspoons salt
5. 1/4 cup solid coconut oil
6. 5 cups warm water (100 to 110 degrees F/40 to 45 degrees C)
7. 1 tablespoon warm water (100 to 110 degrees F/40 to 45 degrees C), or as needed
8. 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
9. cooking spray
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:30 Minutes, Ready In:5 Hours 35 Minutes
1. blend 8 cups complete wheat flour, yeast, coconut sugar, and salt with a fork in a bowl. blend in coconut oil with your arms until well disbursed and flaky. blend in four half of cups water. blend in ultimate half of cup plus 1 tablespoon water till dough has a wet, spongy consistency.
2. divide dough into 2 pieces. form every piece right into a ball.
3. dust 2 large bowls with 1 tablespoon flour. area 1 ball of dough into every bowl. cover with plastic wrap. place in a heat vicinity to upward push, 4 to 20 hours.
four. preheat oven to 375 ranges f (one hundred ninety degrees c). grease 2 loaf pans with cooking spray.
5. punch dough down gently and shape into loaves. vicinity loaves within the prepared pans. snip top with kitchen scissors to create spiky tops.
6. bake inside the preheated oven until pinnacle is golden brown and backside sounds hole while tapped, approximately 30 minutes. turn off oven and depart loaves inner, approximately 15 mins. take away from pans and allow cool for 30 minutes. cut into 12 to sixteen slices in keeping with loaf.