a combination of mild cream and a bit coconut extract replace coconut milk in this trade version of panang-fashion curry with fowl.
1. 2 cups light cream
2. 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract, or to taste
3. 1/4 cup Panang-style red curry paste
4. 2 tablespoons chicken broth, or to taste
5. 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cubed
6. 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
7. 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
8. 1/2 white onion, chopped
9. 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce (nam pla)
10. 1 tablespoon white sugar
11. 2 cloves garlic, minced
12. 1 teaspoon dried basil
13. 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, or as needed
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:6 Minutes, Ready In:26 Minutes
1. warmness cream and coconut extract in a skillet or wok over medium-excessive warmth. whisk curry paste and chicken broth together in a bowl; stir into cream aggregate and bring to a simmer. upload bird, cover, and cook simply till chicken is now not crimson inside the center, about three mins.
2. stir crimson pepper, inexperienced pepper, onion, fish sauce, sugar, garlic, and basil into the curry aggregate. replace cover; cook until veggies are just cooked via, about three minutes extra. stir in flour to thicken to preferred consistency.