the use of a dutch oven to make citrus-braised pulled beef indoors is simple and foolproof with this flavorful .
1. 2 cups orange juice
2. 1 yellow onion, sliced
3. 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
4. 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
5. 10 cloves garlic, smashed
6. 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
7. 1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
8. 1 tablespoon dried oregano
9. 1 tablespoon ground cumin
10. 2 teaspoons freshly grated lime zest
11. 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
12. 2 dried bay leaves
13. 3 1/2 pounds bone-in pork shoulder roast
Prep:35 Minutes, Cook:4 Hours, Ready In:8 Hours 55 Minutes
1. mix orange juice, onion, lime juice, olive oil, garlic, brown sugar, salt, oregano, cumin, lime zest, pepper, and bay leaves in a heavy dutch oven. add pork shoulder; turn to coat. cowl and marinate in the refrigerator, 4 hours to overnight.
2. preheat oven to 325 degrees f (a hundred sixty five levels c). eliminate dutch oven from the fridge and cover tightly with aluminum foil.
three. bake beef in the preheated oven until heated through, approximately 1 1/2 hours. flip pork carefully. update foil and bake for 1 hour more. cast off aluminum foil. continue baking uncovered, turning once halfway thru, until beef falls aside and marinade is reduced, 1 half of to two hours.
four. remove red meat from oven and let relaxation for 20 mins. shred red meat within the dutch oven using 2 forks; mix shredded pork with the reduced marinade. discard bay leaves.