sweet canned peaches and crunchy pecans upload a twist to these flaky scones which are best for brunch or a day tea or coffee break.
1. 2 cups all-purpose flour
2. 1/3 cup white sugar
3. 1 tablespoon baking powder
4. 1 teaspoon salt
5. 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
6. 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter
7. 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
8. 2 eggs
9. 1/2 cup diced canned peaches
10. 1/4 cup chopped pecans
12. 1 egg
13. 2 tablespoons water
14. 1 teaspoon raw sugar, or to taste
Prep:15 Minutes, Cook:20 Minutes, Ready In:35 Minutes
1. preheat oven to four hundred stages f (two hundred levels c). line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. mix flour, white sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon together in a bowl. reduce in butter until it bureaucracy pea-sized portions.
three. whisk heavy cream and a pair of eggs together in a small bowl. upload to the flour-butter combination. mix in peaches and pecans till just mixed.
4. flip dough out onto a floured surface. pat into a round disc approximately half of-inch thick. cut into eight wedges. switch wedges to the baking sheet.
5. whisk 1 egg and water together in a small bowl. brush over wedges. sprinkle uncooked sugar on top.
6. bake within the preheated oven till golden brown, 20 to twenty-five minutes.