1. 1 teaspoon shortening
2. 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3. 4 teaspoons baking powder
4. 1/2 teaspoon salt
5. 1 1/2 cups white sugar
6. 1 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
7. 4 eggs, beaten
8. 1/3 cup orange juice
9. 1/3 cup milk
10. 2 tablespoons anise extract
11. 1 drop lemon extract
12. 1 cup chopped dates
13. 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Prep:15 Minutes, Cook:45 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 35 Minutes
1. preheat oven to 350 ranges f (a hundred seventy five ranges c). grease a fluted tube pan (which includes bundt(r)) with shortening and dust with flour.
2. sift flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl.
3. mix sugar and butter in a bowl with a spoon until creamy. mix in eggs.
4. integrate orange juice and milk in a separate bowl; pour into the sugar mixture. stir in the flour combination, anise, and lemon extract till well combined. fold in dates and walnuts. pour batter into the organized pan.
5. bake inside the preheated oven till the top of the cake springs back whilst touched and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out easy, forty five minutes to one hour. cool inside the pan for 20 minutes. transfer cake to a rack for very last cooling, 15 to 25 minutes.