tiramisu is a traditionally italian, no-bake cake made with ladyfingers soaked in espresso and rum; this provides richness with chocolate.
1. 6 egg yolks
2. 3/4 cup white sugar
3. 1/3 cup evaporated milk
4. 1/3 cup chocolate milk
5. 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
6. 3 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
7. 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
8. 1 (8 ounce) container mascarpone cheese
9. 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee, room temperature
10. 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut-flavored rum (such as Malibu®)
11. 1 1/2 teaspoons coffee-flavored liqueur (such as Kahlua®)
12. 10 ladyfingers, split lengthwise
13. 1 tablespoon Marsala wine (such as Cremovo®)
14. 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder (optional)
15. 1 tablespoon 70% cacao chocolate shavings (optional)
Prep:45 Minutes, Cook:6 Minutes, Ready In:5 Hours 51 Minutes
1. whisk together egg yolks and white sugar in a saucepan off warmth till well blended. whisk in evaporated milk and chocolate milk; location pan over medium warmth. stir continuously till boiling, approximately 5 minutes. boil for 1 minute; dispose of from warmness and cool slightly. cowl tightly with plastic wrap; relax in refrigerator for 1 hour.
2. beat heavy cream, confectioners' sugar, and vanilla extract together in a bowl till stiff peaks form.
3. do away with yolk combination from refrigerator; whisk in mascarpone until smooth.
four. integrate espresso, coconut-flavored rum, and coffee-flavored liqueur in a small bowl. location ladyfingers in a bowl; drizzle coffee combination over ladyfingers.
five. arrange half of the soaked ladyfingers in the backside of a 9×5-inch baking pan. unfold 1/2 the mascarpone mixture over ladyfingers, then half the whipped cream. repeat with final ladyfingers and whipped cream; cease with a layer of mascarpone combination.
6. sprinkle the tiramisu with cocoa powder and chocolate shavings. cowl with plastic wrap; refrigerate until set, four to 6 hours.