chocolate and spicy sausage are the signature elements on this pork and bean chili.
1. 2 (29 ounce) cans tomato sauce
2. 2 (28 ounce) cans peeled and diced tomatoes
3. 2 cups diced onion
4. 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
5. 1 pound bacon, diced
6. 2 pounds spicy sausage
7. 3 pounds lean ground beef
8. 1 (32 ounce) bottle hickory smoke barbeque sauce
9. 1/2 cup chili powder
10. 4 (15.25 ounce) cans kidney beans, undrained
11. 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, chopped
Prep:30 Minutes, Cook:2 Hours 30 Minutes, Ready In:3 Hours
1. in a huge pot or dutch oven over medium warmness, integrate tomato sauce, tomatoes, onion and italian seasoning.
2. in a large skillet over medium warmth, cook publisher 1st baron verulam until barely crisp. drain and stir into the pot.
3. inside the identical skillet over medium heat, cook sausage until brown. drain and stir into the pot.
four. within the equal skillet over medium warmth, prepare dinner the beef till brown. drain and stir into the pot.
5. stir the barbeque sauce and chili powder into the pot; taste and regulate seasonings. stir within the kidney beans and chocolate and simmer till flavors are well mixed. serve.