this is a variant on tabbouleh, a sparkling, nutty-tasting salad with chickpeas, bulgur wheat, and 3 varieties of herbs, plus undeniable yogurt.
1. 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2. 1 1/2 cups raw bulgur
3. 1 teaspoon dill seeds
4. 1 bay leaf
5. 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
6. 3 cups vegetable broth
7. 1 tablespoon soy sauce (such as Kikkoman®)
8. 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained
9. 1 (8 ounce) container plain yogurt
10. 1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
11. 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
12. 1/3 cup chopped chives
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:18 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 38 Minutes
1. heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. saute bulgur, dill seeds, bay leaf, and cumin seeds until gently browned, about 1 minute. add broth and soy sauce; deliver to a boil. lessen warmness; simmer till liquid is absorbed, 10 to 15 mins.
2. warmness ultimate 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium-excessive warmness. saute chickpeas until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
three. integrate bulgur combination, chickpeas, yogurt, parsley, cilantro, and chives in a bowl. kick back as a minimum 1 hour before serving.