1. 1/4 cup unsalted butter
2. 12 leaves fresh sage
3. 4 thin slices prosciutto
4. 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, pounded flat
5. 8 slices fontina cheese
6. ground black pepper to taste
8. 1 cup dry white wine
9. 1 teaspoon minced fresh sage
10. 1/4 cup unsalted butter
Prep:10 Minutes, Cook:22 Minutes, Ready In:32 Minutes
1. melt 1/4 cup butter in a pan over medium heat. add sage leaves and cook for 1 to two mins in keeping with facet. do away with and reserve leaves; reserve butter within the pan.
2. set oven rack for 6 inches from the heat supply and heat the oven’s broiler.
3.p;ace 1 slice of prosciutto on every bird breast. placed chook, prosciutto facet down, within the warm pan with reserved butter. cook hen over medium warmth till no longer pink within the middle and the juices run clean, 5 to six minutes per aspect. an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center must study as a minimum 165 degrees f (seventy four levels c).
4. transfer chook to a baking sheet, reserving skillet contents. layer three sage leaves and a pair of slices of fontina cheese on every fowl breast.
5. broil until cheese is melted, 3 to five minutes.
6. add wine to the pan used to cook the chicken. cook and stir over high heat, scraping the bottom of the pan, till decreased to half of cup, for five minutes. add chopped sage; cook and stir for 1 minute. whisk in 1/4 cup butter; lessen heat to low and simmer for 1 to two mins. serve sauce along chicken.