1. 1/4 cup unsalted butter
2. 12 leaves fresh sage
3. 4 thin slices prosciutto
4. 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, pounded flat
5. 8 slices fontina cheese, thinly sliced
6. ground black pepper to taste
8. 1 cup dry white wine (optional)
9. 1 teaspoon minced fresh sage (optional)
10. 1/4 cup unsalted butter (optional)
Prep:10 Minutes, Cook:22 Minutes, Ready In:32 Minutes
1. warmness 1/4 cup butter in a massive skillet over medium warmth. allow butter to foam; upload sage leaves and cook for 1 to two mins in keeping with facet. do away with and reserve leaves; reserve butter within the skillet.
2. set oven rack approximately 6 inches from the heat supply and preheat the oven’s broiler.
three. area 1 slice of prosciutto on every bird breast. placed chook, prosciutto facet down, within the warm skillet with reserved butter. cook hen over medium warmth till no longer pink within the middle and the juices run clean, 5 to six minutes per aspect. an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center must study as a minimum 165 degrees f (seventy four levels c).
4. transfer chook to a baking sheet, reserving skillet contents. layer three sage leaves and a pair of slices of fontina cheese on every fowl breast.
five. broil until cheese is melted, 3 to five minutes.
6. add wine to the skillet used to cook the chicken. prepare dinner and stir over high warmness, scraping the bottom of the skillet, till decreased to half of cup, approximately five minutes. upload minced sage; prepare dinner and stir for 1 minute. whisk in 1/4 cup butter; lessen warmness to low and simmer for 1 to two mins. serve sauce along chicken.