the base for this hen stew with mexican seasonings is made by using combining hen broth and salsa with half of-and-half of and condensed cream of bird soup. garnish with tortilla chips and grated cheese.
1. 3 cloves garlic, minced
2. 1 onion, chopped
3. 3 tablespoons margarine
4. 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
5. 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
6. 4 cups half-and-half
7. 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
8. 1 cup fresh salsa
9. 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
10. 6 boneless, chicken breast halves – cooked, skinned
11. 2 teaspoons ground cumin
12. 1 (1.27 ounce) packet dry fajita seasoning
13. 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
14. 16 ounces tortilla chips
15. 8 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1. in a huge pot over medium warmness, saute the garlic and onion inside the butter or margarine for five minutes. add flour and stir nicely, cooking for 1 minute greater. add the broth and half of-and-half of. carry to a boil and decrease warmness to low.
2. add the soup, salsa, corn, fowl, cumin, fajita seasoning and 2 tablespoons cilantro. stir and preserve to warmness for 15 minutes. crumble tortilla chips into man or woman bowls, add half of ounce shredded cheese to every bowl and ladle in soup. top every bowl with extra crumbled chips, last half ounce cheese and ultimate 1 tablespoon cilantro, and serve.