thinly pounded chook is covered with seasoned cheerios(r) on this smooth for chook schnitzel, a quick meal for busy weeknights.
1. 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, trimmed
2. 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3. 2 eggs
4. 1 cup crushed toasted oat cereal (such as Cheerios®)
5. 1 teaspoon garlic powder
6. 1/2 teaspoon salt
7. 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
8. 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
9. 2 lemons, quartered
Prep:15 Minutes, Cook:6 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 21 Minutes
1. area chicken between 2 sheets of heavy plastic on a strong, level surface. firmly pound with the clean facet of a meat mallet to one/four-inch thickness.
2. location flour in a bowl. beat eggs together in a separate bowl. mix crushed oat cereal, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper together in large resealable plastic bag.
3. dredge every chook breast in flour and dip into eggs, allowing excess egg to drip back into bowl. switch covered fowl to cereal mixture; seal bag and shake till flippantly lined. vicinity lined chicken on a plate and refrigerate for 1 hour.
four. heat oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high warmth; fry hen until browned, three to four minutes consistent with aspect. switch hen to a paper towel-covered plate and squeeze lemon over every.