1. 3 tablespoons butter, divided
2. 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, sliced into thin strips
3. salt and ground black pepper to taste
4. 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
5. 2 cups milk
6. 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
7. 1 egg
8. 1 (16 ounce) package egg roll wrappers
9. 1 (8 ounce) package thinly sliced deli ham
10. 1 (8 ounce) package thinly sliced Swiss cheese, slices cut in half
11. 1/2 cup vegetable oil for frying
Prep:25 Minutes, Cook:23 Minutes, Ready In:48 Minutes
1. soften 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet. cook chicken strips till no longer pink within the middle, approximately 10 mins. season with salt and pepper. switch bird to a plate.
2. melt the closing butter in the equal skillet over medium-low warmth. whisk in flour until clean. cook, whisking constantly, until properly combined, approximately 1 minute. boom heat to medium. upload milk steadily. cook dinner, stirring continuously, until thickened and bubbling, approximately 7 minutes. upload shredded cheese, salt, and pepper. cook and stir the sauce until the cheese melts, about 2 mins. remove from heat.
3. beat egg with 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl.
4. lay 1 egg roll wrapper on a work floor. fold 1 piece of ham in 1/2 and location in the center of the wrapper. pinnacle with a 1/2-slice of swiss cheese and a bird strip. cover with some other 1/2-slice of swiss cheese and folded piece of ham. brush the edges of the wrapper with the egg aggregate; fold wrapper in half of over the filling and seal the rims. repeat with the closing wrappers.
5. warmth oil in a deep-fryer or big saucepan to 350 tiers f (a hundred seventy five ranges c).
6. area egg rolls inside the warm oil; fry till crispy, approximately 3 mins. drain on paper towels.