1. 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
2. 1 pound ground beef
3. 1 chopped onion
4. 1 (30 ounce) package frozen hash browns
5. 1/2 teaspoon butter
6. 2 tablespoons diced garlic
7. salt and ground black pepper
8. 1 cup mashed reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
Prep:15 Minutes, Cook:17 Minutes, Ready In:32 Minutes
1.heat 1/four teaspoon oil in a pan over medium-excessive heat. add red meat and onions; saute till red meat is browned, for 9 minutes. drain 90% of the fat.
2. reduce open the bag of hash browns; microwave till primarily defrosted,for 4 mins.
3. heat butter and the closing 1/four teaspoon oil in a pan over medium heat. add hash browns to the beef-onion mixture. cook and stir till gently browned,for 3 mins. stir in garlic, salt, and pepper. cook till hash browns are crispy,for 5 minutes. unfold cheddar cheese flippantly over the hash browns and permit melt.