cooked vegetables and cheddar cheese are delivered to a roux-thickened milk base in this comforting soup.
1. 3/4 cup water
2. 1 cup cauliflower, chopped
3. 1 cup cubed potatoes
4. 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
5. 1/2 cup diced carrots
6. 1/4 cup chopped onion
7. 1/4 cup butter
8. 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
9. 3 cups milk
10. salt and pepper to taste
11. 4 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:25 Minutes, Ready In:45 Minutes
1. in a huge saucepan, combine water, cauliflower, potatoes, celery, carrots, and onion. boil for five to 10 minutes, or till gentle. set apart.
2. soften butter in separate saucepan over medium warmth. stir in flour, and cook for 2 minutes. remove from warmth, and step by step stir in milk. go back to warmth, and prepare dinner till thickened. stir in vegetables with cooking liquid, and season with salt and pepper. stir in cheese until melted, and eliminate from warmness.