this colorful vegan quinoa dish presenting bell peppers, carrots, onion, and shallot is a short and clean facet to make for a weeknight meal.
1. 1/4 cup olive oil
2. 5 carrots, shredded
3. 2 red bell peppers, diced
4. 2 green bell peppers, diced
5. 1 onion, diced
6. 1 shallot, chopped
7. 3 cloves garlic, crushed
8. 4 cups vegetable broth
9. 1 cup quinoa
10. 1 pinch dried basil, or to taste
Prep:25 Minutes, Cook:28 Minutes, Ready In:53 Minutes
1. warmness olive oil in a massive saucepan over medium-excessive warmth. add carrots, crimson bell peppers, inexperienced bell peppers, onion, and shallot. prepare dinner and stir until softened, about 5 minutes. add garlic; prepare dinner and stir until fragrant, approximately three mins.
2. pour vegetable broth and quinoa into the saucepan. cover and simmer until quinoa is soft, about 20 minutes. sprinkle dried basil on top.