1. 2 tablespoons butter
2. 1 1/2 cups pecan pieces
4. 2 cups white sugar
5. 1 cup butter
6. 4 eggs
7. 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
8. 1 teaspoon butter extract
9. 3 cups all-purpose flour
10. 2 teaspoons baking powder
11. 1/2 teaspoon salt
12. 1 cup milk
14. 6 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
15. 11 ounces cream cheese, softened
16. 2/3 cup butter, softened
17. 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
18. 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
19. 1 tablespoon milk, or more as needed
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:30 Minutes, Ready In:3 Hours 50 Minutes
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees f (a hundred seventy five tiers c). grease a 9×13-inch baking pan.
2. soften 2 tablespoons butter in a small, heavy skillet over medium warmth. upload pecans and cook till toasted, approximately 4 mins. do away with from warmth and let cool.
3. combine white sugar and 1 cup butter in a massive bowl; beat with an electric mixer till mild and fluffy. upload eggs, one at a time, beating properly after each addition. beat in 2 teaspoons vanilla extract and butter extract.
4. combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. upload to creamed butter combination alternately with milk, beating just until combined. fold in pecans. pour batter into the prepared pan.
5. bake within the preheated oven till a toothpick inserted near the center comes out easy, 25 to half-hour.
6. beat confectioners’ sugar, cream cheese, 2/3 cup butter, 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, and almond extract in a big bowl till clean. beat in sufficient milk to offer frosting a spreadable consistency.
7. divide hot cake in half of and chop 1 1/2 right into a big bowl. stir in 1/4 of the frosting. repeat with final 1/2, stirring in an additional 1/four of the frosting. unfold aggregate back into the baking pan; press flat together with your arms. unfold remaining frosting over the pressed cake combination.
8. refrigerate till firm, three to 4 hours. reduce into bars.