1. Creme Brulee:
2. cooking spray
3. 3/4 cup white sugar
4. 5 egg yolks
5. 1 large egg
6. 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
7. 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
8. 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
9. 1 quart heavy whipping cream
10. boiling water as needed
11. Candied Pumpkin:
12. 1/4 cup unsalted butter
13. 1/3 cup brown sugar
14. 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
15. 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
16. 10 ounces/284 gram frozen cubed pumpkin
17. 7 tablespoons white sugar
Prep:30 Minutes, Cook:58 Minutes, Ready In:3 Hours 8 Minutes
1.heat oven to 150 degree c. line a 9×13-inch baking pan with parchment paper; coat with cooking spray.
2. blend three/four cup white sugar, egg yolks, egg, vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon cardamom, and half of teaspoon salt together in a bowl.
3.melt cream on medium heat for 5 mins; do away with from warmth. upload cream to the egg mixture slowly, mixing on low speed. pour custard into the organized baking dish.
4. set the baking pan into a roasting pan; cautiously pour sufficient boiling water into the roasting pan to come halfway up the edges of the baking pan.
5. bake inside the heated oven until the custard is set when lightly shaken, forty five to 50 mins.
6. dispose of baking pan from roasting pan. cool to room temperature, about half-hour. freeze till firm, at least 1 hour.
7. melt butter in a pan over medium heat. add brown sugar, salt, 1/4 teaspoon cardamom, and cinnamon; stir to combine. add frozen pumpkin and simmer, stirring frequently, until reduced, about eight minutes. cool candied pumpkin to room temperature, about 10 minutes.
8. cut custard into 18 squares using a pizza cutter or sharp knife. region 1 custard square in a serving dish, add a layer of candied pumpkin, and top with another square. sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon of sugar. use a kitchen torch to flame tops till deeply caramelized and a crunchy layer has fashioned.