seared ahi tuna tossed with avocados, pomegranate seeds, and ponzu sauce is served over brown rice in these california iciness poke bowls.
1. 1 tablespoon sesame oil
2. 1 1/2 pounds fresh ahi (yellowfin) tuna loin
3. 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
4. 2 avocados, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
5. 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
6. 3 scallions, finely chopped
7. 1/4 cup ponzu sauce (citrus soy-based sauce)
8. 1 small bunch cilantro, finely chopped
9. 1 Thai chile pepper, finely chopped
10. 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
Prep:30 Minutes, Cook:9 Minutes, Ready In:39 Minutes
1. heat sesame oil in a huge skillet over medium-high warmth. add tuna; prepare dinner until browned, approximately 2 mins consistent with side. remove skillet and slice into 1/2-inch cubes.
2. area sesame seeds in a small skillet over medium-low warmness; toast, tossing on occasion, until gently browned, about 5 minutes. remove from warmness.
3. combine tuna, sesame seeds, avocados, pomegranate seeds, scallions, ponzu sauce, cilantro, and thai chile pepper in a big bowl.
four. divide brown rice among 4 serving bowls. top with tuna mixture.