1. 1/2 butternut squash – peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch pieces
2. 1 onion, coarsely chopped
3. 1/2 cup chopped carrots
4. 1 head garlic, cloves separated and peeled
5. 2 tablespoons coconut oil
6. 1 pinch Chinese five-spice powder
7. salt to taste
8. 2 dashes soy sauce
9. 8 ounces tofu-based sour cream
10. 2 (12 ounce) packages wonton wrappers
11. 2 cups sesame oil, or as needed
Prep:25 Minutes, Cook:15 Minutes, Ready In:40 Minutes
1. integrate squash, onion, carrots, and garlic in a excessive-powered blender; pulse until greens are minced.
2. transfer veggies to a skillet and add coconut oil, chinese language 5-spice powder, salt, and soy sauce. saute vegetable aggregate over excessive heat until smooth, 10 to fifteen minutes. spoon tofu-primarily based sour cream into vegetable aggregate and mash till filling is easy. get rid of skillet from warmness and funky filling.
3. spoon approximately 1 teaspoon filling onto 1 1/2 of every wonton wrapper. wet the border of the wrapper and fold in half over the filling, sealing the edges together. take 2 opposite corners, wet with water, and press collectively to seal.
4. warmness oil in a deep-fryer or big saucepan to 350 degrees f (a hundred seventy five ranges c).
5. running in batches, fry wontons till golden brown, 5 to ten minutes. switch cooked wontons to a paper towel-covered plate; cool barely.