clean ginger and jalapeno pepper boost this silky soup. bitter cream and fresh thyme cool it down.
1. 2 tablespoons butter
2. 1 onion, diced
3. 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
4. 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
5. 1 (2 pound) butternut squash – peeled, seeded, and cubed
6. 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
7. 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
8. 1/2 cup coconut milk
9. 1 tablespoon white sugar
10. salt and black pepper to taste
11. 1 cup sour cream
12. 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme, or to taste
Prep:15 Minutes, Cook:45 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours
1. melt the butter in a big pot over medium heat. stir within the onion, ginger, and jalapeno pepper; cook and stir until the onion has softened and became translucent, approximately 7 minutes. add the butternut squash and hen broth, and produce to a boil over high heat. reduce heat to medium-low, cowl, and simmer until the squash is smooth, about 30 minutes.
2. stir inside the evaporated milk, coconut milk, sugar, salt and pepper. cook dinner and stir 5 minutes more. pour the soup into a blender, filling the pitcher no more than halfway complete. hold down the lid of the blender with a folded kitchen towel, and punctiliously start the blender, the usage of some short pulses to get the soup moving before leaving it directly to puree. puree in batches till smooth, and pour right into a easy pot. alternately, you could use a stick blender and puree the soup right within the cooking pot. ladle into bowls, and garnish with bitter cream and thyme to serve.