this is a delicious, filling chili. serve topped with sour cream and tortilla chips!
1. 2 tablespoons olive oil
2. 1 onion, chopped
3. 2 cloves garlic, minced
4. 1 pound ground turkey breast
5. 1 pound butternut squash – peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch dice
6. 1/2 cup chicken broth
7. 1 (4.5 ounce) can chopped green chilies
8. 2 (14.5 ounce) cans petite diced tomatoes
9. 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans with liquid
10. 1 (15.5 ounce) can white hominy, drained
11. 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
12. 1 tablespoon chili powder
13. 1 tablespoon ground cumin
14. 1 teaspoon garlic salt
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:30 Minutes, Ready In:50 Minutes
1. heat the olive oil in a massive pot over medium heat. stir within the onion and garlic; prepare dinner and stir for 3 mins, then upload the turkey, and stir until crumbly and not crimson.
2. upload the butternut squash, fowl broth, inexperienced chilies, tomatoes, kidney beans, hominy, and tomato sauce; season with chili powder, cumin, and garlic salt. bring to a simmer, then lessen warmth to medium-low, cowl, and simmer till the squash is smooth, approximately 20 minutes.