this medley of autumn vegetables combine to make a wonderfully warm and comforting soup. pair this with crusty bread and a salad, and dinner is served!
1. 2 tablespoons butter
2. 2 large leeks (white and pale green parts only), chopped
3. 1 large onion, chopped
4. 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
5. 2 cups cubed butternut squash
6. 1 cup diced carrots
7. 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and sliced 1/4-inch thick
8. 1 quart chicken stock
9. 1/4 cup dry white wine (optional)
10. 1/2 cup light cream
11. 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
12. salt and pepper to taste
13. 2 tablespoons chopped chives
Prep:30 Minutes, Cook:35 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 5 Minutes
1. melt butter in a big pot over medium warmness. stir in leeks and onions, and cook till the onion softens and turns translucent, approximately five mins. upload potato, squash, carrots, apple, and chicken inventory. bring to a boil, then lessen warmness to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the vegetables are tender, approximately 20 mins.
2. carefully puree the soup in batches in a blender, or use a stick blender to puree the soup proper in the pot. once the soup has been pureed, go back it to the pot and stir in wine and cream. season with nutmeg, salt, and pepper; simmer gently for five mins. ladle into bowls and garnish with chopped chives.