1. 2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour, or more as needed, divided
2. 1 teaspoon salt
3. 1 teaspoon dried sage
4. 1 cup warm water, divided
5. 1 teaspoon honey
6. 1 (.25 ounce) package quick-rise active dry yeast
7. 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
8. 1 egg white, beaten
Prep:30 Minutes, Cook:15 Minutes, Ready In:3 Hours 20 Minutes
1. mix flour, salt, and sage collectively in a massive bowl. shape a well inside the center.
2. mix 2 teaspoons warm water, honey, and yeast collectively in a small bowl. pour combination into the properly without blending. cover bowl with a cloth; set in a heat location for 15 minutes.
3. pour the closing water and 1 teaspoon olive oil into the flour-yeast mixture; stir with a wooden spoon until dough sticks together. cowl with a fabric and hold warm. permit upward thrust until doubled in volume, approximately 1 hour.
4. punch down dough and flip onto a lightly floured surface. knead till clean, the usage of the last flour as wanted. go back to the bowl; cover and permit rise until doubled in extent, about forty minutes.
5. grease a baking sheet with the remaining olive oil; lightly dirt with flour.
6. punch down the dough; divide into 12 identical parts. shape into ovals and reduce a move on top of every roll with a butter knife. vicinity rolls on the prepared baking sheet. cowl with a fabric and permit rise until doubled in quantity, about forty minutes. brush the rolls with egg white.
7. preheat oven to 450 tiers f (230 levels c).
8. bake rolls in the preheated oven until golden, about 15 minutes.