broccoli and potatoes are pureed with garlic and onions, and seasoned with a touch of nutmeg.
1. 1 tablespoon olive oil
2. 1 large onion, chopped
3. 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
4. 2 (10 ounce) packages chopped frozen broccoli, thawed
5. 1 potato, peeled and chopped
6. 4 cups chicken broth
7. 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
8. salt and pepper to taste
Prep:15 Minutes, Cook:25 Minutes, Ready In:40 Minutes
1. heat olive oil in a big saucepan, and saute onion and garlic till smooth. blend in broccoli, potato, and hen broth. deliver to a boil, reduce warmness, and simmer 15 minutes, until vegetables are soft.
2. with a hand mixer or in a blender, puree the aggregate till clean. go back to the saucepan, and reheat. season with nutmeg, salt, and pepper.