tilapia is marinated in lime juice and spices before being made right into a coconut milk-primarily based stew with onions, bell peppers, and tomatoes on this brazilian .
1. 3 tablespoons lime juice
2. 1 tablespoon ground cumin
3. 1 tablespoon paprika
4. 2 teaspoons minced garlic
5. 1 teaspoon salt
6. 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
7. 1 1/2 pounds tilapia fillets, cut into chunks
8. 2 tablespoons olive oil
9. 2 onions, chopped
10. 4 large bell peppers, sliced
11. 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
12. 1 (16 ounce) can coconut milk
13. 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:25 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 5 Minutes
1. stir together the lime juice, cumin, paprika, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl. upload the tilapia and toss to coat. cowl and refrigerate at the least 20 mins, up to 24 hours.
2. warmth the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high warmth. fast fry the onions within the oil 1 to 2 minutes. lessen warmness to medium. upload the bell peppers, tilapia, and diced tomatoes to the pot in succeeding layers. pour the coconut milk over the combination. cowl the pot and simmer 15 mins, stirring now and again. stir within the cilantro and preserve cooking until the tilapia is absolutely cooked thru, some other five to ten minutes.