this brazilian rice dish, arroz de festa, with bell peppers, raisins, and cranberries like confetti, is perfect for special occasions.
1. 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2. 1/4 cup minced onion
3. 3 large cloves garlic, minced
4. 2 cups basmati rice, rinsed and drained
5. 1 teaspoon salt
6. 4 cups hot water
7. 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
8. 1 green bell pepper, chopped
9. 1 red bell pepper, chopped
10. 1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
11. 2 tablespoons butter, divided (optional)
12. 1/2 cup raisins
13. 1/2 cup dried cranberries
14. 1/4 cup golden raisins
Prep:10 Minutes, Cook:25 Minutes, Ready In:40 Minutes
1. heat oil in a saucepan over medium warmness. prepare dinner and stir onion for 1 minute. add garlic; prepare dinner till golden brown, about 1 minute. add rice and salt; prepare dinner rice till it starts offevolved to brown, three to five minutes. pour in hot water. reduce heat to low, cowl, and simmer until water has been absorbed, 20 to twenty-five mins.
2. place carrots in a saucepan with sufficient water to cover. cook over medium-high heat for 5 mins. add green bell pepper and crimson bell pepper. cook dinner till just gentle, about five minutes. drain.
three. integrate corn and 1 tablespoon butter in a microwave-safe bowl. prepare dinner within the microwave until heated via, about 2 mins.
4. soak raisins, cranberries, and golden raisins in a bowl of hot water until overestimated, approximately 10 mins. drain.
5. take away rice from heat and allow stand for five minutes. transfer to a massive pot. add carrot-bell pepper mixture, corn, and raisin combination. toss to distribute. stir in ultimate 1 tablespoon butter.