1. 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2. 1/2 small onion, diced
3. 2 cloves garlic, minced
4. 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger root
5. 1 teaspoon salt
6. 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
7. 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
8. 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
9. 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
10. 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
11. 2 cups blueberries
12. 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
13. 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Prep:10 Minutes, Cook:30 Minutes, Ready In:40 Minutes
1. heat vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium-excessive warmth. saute onion, garlic, and ginger in warm oil till the onion begins to show translucent, five to 7 minutes.
2. stir salt, cinnamon, cloves, cumin, cayenne pepper, and celery seed into the onion combination; retain to prepare dinner, stirring often, till the onion is completely softened, 2 to a few mins extra.
three. stir blueberries and brown sugar into the onion mixture. mash the berries as they prepare dinner till absolutely softened, about 10 mins.
four. mixture the blueberry aggregate with an immersion blender till the mixture is thick without a huge chunks. stir balsamic vinegar into blueberry mixture, lessen warmth to low, and prepare dinner at a simmer till thickened for your liking, 10 to fifteen mins extra.