1. 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
2. 1 large onion, chopped
3. 4 stalks celery, chopped
4. salt and ground black pepper to taste
5. 1 (12 ounce) package reduced fat pork sausage
6. 3 (15.5 ounce) cans black-eyed peas, undrained
7. 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chiles (such as Rotel®)
Prep:10 Minutes, Cook:16 Hours 10 Minutes, Ready In:16 Hours 20 Minutes
1. melt butter in a big skillet over medium-excessive warmness. add onion and celery; cook and stir until translucent, about 5 mins. season with salt and pepper. scoop vegetables right into a sluggish cooker.
2. vicinity sausage in the identical skillet. cook dinner, breaking apart with a wooden spoon, till browned, 5 to six minutes. switch to the slow cooker; pour in black-eyed peas and diced tomatoes with green chiles.
three. cook on low till black-eyed peas are tender, approximately sixteen hours.