1. cooking spray
2. 1 pound bulk spicy breakfast sausage
3. 1 onion, chopped
4. 1 cup white cornmeal
5. 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
6. 1 teaspoon salt
7. 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
8. 1 cup buttermilk
9. 1/2 cup vegetable oil
10. 2 eggs, lightly beaten
11. 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained
12. 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese
13. 3/4 cup cream-style corn
14. 1 (4.5 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
15. 1/4 cup chopped pickled jalapeno peppers
Prep:15 Minutes, Cook:1 Hours 5 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 20 Minutes
1. preheat oven to 350 ranges f (a hundred seventy five tiers c). grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. prepare dinner sausage and onion in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring till sausage is crumbly and no longer red, about 5 mins. drain on paper towels.
3. blend cornmeal, flour, salt, and baking soda collectively in a huge bowl.
four. whisk buttermilk, oil, and eggs together in a small bowl. add to the cornmeal aggregate, stirring simply till moistened. stir in sausage combination, black-eyed peas, cheddar cheese, corn, inexperienced chile peppers, and pickled jalapeno peppers. pour batter into the organized baking dish.
5. bake in the preheated oven till a toothpick inserted into the center comes out smooth, about 1 hour.