1. 1 1/2 cups warm water
2. 2 tablespoons white vinegar
3. 2 teaspoons apple butter
4. 2 tablespoons molasses
5. 3 tablespoons brown sugar
6. 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
7. 1 teaspoon ground coffee beans
8. 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
9. 2 tablespoons butter, melted
10. 1 tablespoon wheat germ
11. 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
12. 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
13. 1 cup whole wheat flour
14. 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
15. cooking spray
16. 3 tablespoons cornmeal, or as needed, divided
Prep:30 Minutes, Cook:35 Minutes, Ready In:3 Hours 25 Minutes
1. integrate water, vinegar, apple butter, molasses, brown sugar, cocoa powder, espresso, salt, butter, wheat germ, fennel seed, and yeast in the bowl of a stand mixer equipped with a dough hook. blend till simply blended. add whole wheat flour; blend to combine. upload all-motive flour, 1 cup at time, blending on medium-high pace after every addition. knead till absolutely incorporated and the dough bureaucracy a ball, approximately four mins.
2. grease a massive bowl with cooking spray. vicinity the dough inside the bowl. cowl and permit rise in a warm location till doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
3. sprinkle 1 tablespoon cornmeal onto a massive baking sheet. divide the dough into 2 portions. tuck the edges beneath each dough ball to form tight loaves. location loaves on the baking sheet; permit upward thrust till doubled in extent, about 1 hour.
4. preheat oven to 450 levels f (230 tiers c). region a massive pizza stone in the oven.
5. sprinkle 2 tablespoons cornmeal onto a bread paddle. switch 1 loaf cautiously onto the bread paddle. gently jiggle the loaf at the same time as sliding it onto 1 facet of the hot pizza stone. dirt the bread paddle with the last cornmeal and repeat to transfer the second loaf.
6. bake in the preheated oven for five mins. reduce oven temperature to 425 degrees f (220 ranges c). preserve baking until top is golden brown, approximately half-hour greater. slide the bread paddle under every loaf, 1 at a time. switch to a cutting board and lightly tap the bottom; if it sounds hole, the bread is done. set loaves on their facets; permit cool for at the least 20 mins.