1. 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, or to taste
2. 1 large onion, diced
3. 2 (14.5 ounce) cans whole tomatoes
4. 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
5. 2 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chilies
6. 1 (16 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese
7. 1 (16 ounce) package shredded Monterey Jack cheese
8. 1 (12 ounce) bag nacho cheese-flavored corn chips (such as Doritos®), crushed
9. 2 cups heavy whipping cream
10. 2 tablespoons vinegar
Prep:10 Minutes, Cook:1 Hours 35 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 45 Minutes
1. heat vegetable oil in a massive pot over medium-high heat. saute onion in warm oil till translucent, 5 to 7 mins.
2. pour entire tomatoes, stewed tomatoes, and green chiles into the pot with the onion and stir; deliver to a simmer, lessen warmth to medium-low, and cook at a simmer till thickened, approximately half-hour.
3. preheat oven to 350 stages f (a hundred seventy five levels c). butter a casserole dish.
4. spread about half of the tomato combination into the lowest of the prepared dish. layer half of the cheddar cheese, half the monterey jack cheese, and 1/2 the corn chips, respectively, atop the tomato sauce. repeat layering with final ingredients.
5. stir whipping cream and vinegar collectively until clean; drizzle over the top of the casserole.
6. bake in the preheated oven until hot inside the center, about 1 hour.