chicken stock is the base for this pureed butternut squash soup seasoned with garlic, thyme, cumin, and allspice.
1. 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
2. 1/2 onion, sliced
3. 2 cloves garlic
4. 2 sprigs fresh thyme
5. 1/2 butternut squash – peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch cubes
6. 4 cups chicken stock
7. 1/2 cube chicken bouillon
8. 1 pinch ground cumin
9. 1 pinch ground allspice
10. salt and ground black pepper to taste
Prep:10 Minutes, Cook:15 Minutes, Ready In:25 Minutes
1. soften the butter in a massive pot over medium warmness; cook the onion, garlic, and thyme inside the warm butter till the onion has softened, approximately 5 mins. add the squash and chicken stock; deliver to a simmer and cook till the squash is tender, 10 to 15 mins. disintegrate the bouillon into the soup; season with cumin, allspice, salt, and pepper; get rid of from warmness.
2. pour the soup right into a blender, filling the pitcher no extra than halfway. hold the lid of the blender in place with a kitchen towel and punctiliously begin the blender the use of a few quick pulses to get the soup transferring before leaving it on to puree. puree in batches till easy and pour into a serving bowl. alternately, you can use a stick blender and puree the soup within the pot.