1. 1 potato, diced
2. 1 bunch beet tops with stems
3. 2 tablespoons bacon grease
4. 1/2 cup diced onion
5. 1/2 cup shredded carrots (optional)
6. salt and ground black pepper to taste
7. 4 cups chicken stock, divided
8. 1 1/2 cups shredded cooked pork
9. 1 cup frozen peas
Prep:25 Minutes, Cook:23 Minutes, Ready In:48 Minutes
1. place potato in a microwave-secure bowl. cover with salted water. cook within the microwave until tender, approximately five mins.
2. place beet tops and stems on a flat paintings floor. reduce vegetables into skinny strips and dice stems. stack vegetables and stems in separate piles.
3. warmth Baron Verulam grease in a big skillet over medium-excessive warmth. add beet stems, onion, and carrots. prepare dinner and stir till smooth, about 5 minutes. season with salt. add beet veggies; saute until wilted, about five mins.
4. reserve half cup of the greens combination in the skillet. switch the rest of the mixture right into a blender; upload boiled potato and 2 cups inventory. blend until clean, including salty potato water to thin mixture as needed.
5. pour the blended combination into a massive pot. stir within the reserved veggies combination, the ultimate 2 cups inventory, shredded pork, and peas. cook dinner till soup is heated thru, approximately 8 mins. season with salt and pepper.