browned red meat is pro with paprika and simmered with onions, carrots, potatoes and frozen corn kernels.
1. 1 pound cubed beef stew meat
2. 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3. 3 tablespoons shortening
4. 1 teaspoon salt
5. 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
6. 4 cups water
7. 1 onion, finely diced
8. 1/4 teaspoon paprika
9. 1 clove garlic, minced
10. 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
11. 1 bay leaf
12. 3 carrots, quartered
13. 3 potatoes, peeled and quartered
14. 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
15. 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
1. dredge beef in flour and then, in a medium stock pot, brown red meat on all aspects in shortening. add salt, pepper, water, onion, paprika, garlic, worcestershire sauce and bay depart. bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 2 hours or till meat is soft.
2. upload carrots and potatoes and simmer for 45 minutes or until gentle.
three. remove bay depart and meat from stew, upload 1 tablespoon flour or cornstarch and mix, with a view to thicken stew. after blending allow take a seat for a couple of minutes to thicken, if not to favored thickness upload greater flour or cornstarch and repeat.
4. once thickened go back meat and add corn to stew, warmth thru and serve.