pork is simmered with coconut cream and a from-scratch rendang curry paste until tender in this aromatic, subtly-spiced indonesian curry.
1. Curry Paste:
2. 3 shallots, coarsely chopped
3. 2 red chile peppers, seeded and chopped
4. 2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
5. 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
6. 3 cloves garlic, minced
7. 1 (1 inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
8. Beef Rendang:
9. 1 3/4 pounds cubed beef stew meat
10. salt and ground black pepper to taste
11. 2 tablespoons coconut oil
12. 3/4 cup water
13. 1/2 (14 ounce) can unsweetened coconut cream
14. 1 cube beef bouillon
15. 1/2 lime, zested
Prep:35 Minutes, Cook:3 Hours 10 Minutes, Ready In:3 Hours 45 Minutes
1. integrate shallots, chile peppers, peanut butter, turmeric, garlic, and ginger in a meals processor or blender; blend right into a thick paste.
2. season beef with salt and pepper.
three. warmth coconut oil in a huge skillet over medium heat. cook dinner red meat in batches until browned, about 1 minute in line with side. transfer to a bowl.
four. fry curry paste inside the identical skillet till aromatic, 2 to a few minutes. return beef to the skillet. add water, coconut cream, pork bouillon cube, and lime zest, stirring nicely to mix. deliver to a boil. reduce heat to low and simmer lightly, in part blanketed, till sauce coats the beef and beef is soft, approximately 3 hours.