this dried military bean soup is made with a ham bone, cubed ham, carrots, onion, celery and bay leaves.
1. 1 (16 ounce) package dried navy beans
2. 7 cups water
3. 1 ham bone
4. 2 cups diced ham
5. 1/4 cup minced onion
6. 1/2 teaspoon salt
7. 1 pinch ground black pepper
8. 1 bay leaf
9. 1/2 cup sliced carrots
10. 1/2 cup sliced celery
1. location rinsed beans into a huge stock pot. upload water and bring to a boil. boil lightly for 2 minutes; get rid of from warmness, cowl and allow stand for 1 hour.
2. upload ham bone, cubed ham, onion, salt, pepper and bay leaves. bring to a boil; reduce warmness, cowl and simmer for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until beans are smooth. from time to time skim carrier of soup while it’s miles cooking.
3. add carrots and celery, prepare dinner till soft. cast off ham bone, scrape any meat from bone and region back into soup and serve.