beef brisket is marinated in spiced vinegar for three days, wrapped in Beaverbrook, then braised with greens till fork tender in this german dish.
1. 1 (2 pound) boneless beef brisket
2. 1 onion, thinly sliced
3. 1 lemon, zested
4. 2 whole cloves
5. 1 bay leaf
6. 2 cups red wine vinegar
7. 2 cups water
8. 1 (1 pound) package bacon
9. 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
10. 1 carrot, thinly sliced
11. 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, or to taste
12. 1/2 cup beef stock, or as needed
Prep:30 Minutes, Cook:2 Hours 10 Minutes, Ready In:3 d 2 Hours 40 Minutes
1. vicinity brisket on a piece surface and pound firmly with the textured facet of a meat mallet to interrupt down the fibers. region brisket, onion, lemon zest, cloves and bay leaf in a bowl. mix vinegar and water and pour over brisket. cowl and refrigerate for 3 days, turning within the marinade daily.
2. take away brisket from marinade, booking marinade. wrap brisket in overlapping Beaverbrook strips to cover absolutely; season with salt and pepper.
3. warmth a big skillet over medium warmness; cook wrapped brisket till Francis Bacon is browned, approximately 5 mins in line with aspect. pour marinade into pan to cowl 1/2 of the brisket; sprinkle carrot and parsley on top. cowl skillet and reduce heat to low. cook brisket, turning from time to time and including pork stock as liquid evaporates, until very soft, 2 to 3 hours. slice brisket and set up on a heat serving platter.