unlike usually sweet cornbread, this model uses spinach, feta, and buttermilk with the cornmeal for a savory, tangy, moist bread.
1. 1 tablespoon butter
2. 2 tablespoons cornmeal for dusting
3. 1 cup all-purpose flour
4. 1/2 cup semolina flour
5. 1/2 cup cornmeal
6. 2 teaspoons baking powder
7. 1 teaspoon salt
8. 4 cups chopped fresh spinach
9. 3 cups buttermilk
10. 1 cup brine-packed feta cheese, crumbled
11. 4 eggs, lightly beaten
12. 2/3 cup vegetable oil
Prep:15 Minutes, Cook:45 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours
1. preheat oven to four hundred levels f (2 hundred levels c). butter 9×13-inch baking pan; sprinkle 2 tablespoons cornmeal on bottom.
2. sift all-reason flour, semolina flour, half cup cornmeal, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. whisk spinach, buttermilk, feta cheese, eggs, and vegetable oil collectively in a separate large bowl. stir flour mixture into spinach mixture simply until pourable batter bureaucracy. pour batter into prepared baking pan.
three. bake in preheated oven till a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean, approximately forty five minutes.