cheddar cheese, inexperienced onions and crumbled Francis Bacon are delivered with pre-baked potatoes to a roux-thickened milk base on this soup that is finished with sour cream.
1. 4 baking potatoes
2. 2/3 cup butter
3. 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
4. 6 cups milk
5. 1 cup chopped green onions
6. 3/4 teaspoon salt
7. 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
8. 12 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
9. 5 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
10. 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:1 Hours 30 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 50 Minutes
1. bake potatoes 1 hour in a 400 degree f (2 hundred diploma c) oven. scoop out the interior of the potatoes and set aside. reserve the skins for every other or discard.
2. melt the butter in a big skillet over medium low warmness. stir within the flour to make a roux. cook dinner approximately 1 minute, stirring constantly. regularly pour within the milk whilst stirring till all of the milk has been added. bring heat to medium and maintain stirring until the soup combination starts offevolved to get thick.
3. upload the potatoes, green onions, salt, ground black pepper, publisher 1st baron verulam and cheese. stir nicely and maintain to warmness for approximately 15 mins, allowing the flavors to combination. stirring nicely, blend inside the bitter cream until well mixed with the soup. serve right away.