1. 1 1/2 cups water
2. 3/4 cup medium-grain white rice
3. 1 eggplant, cut into 4 slices
4. 1 splash olive oil
5. salt and ground black pepper to taste
6. 2 sheets nori seaweed
7. 1 small avocado, sliced 3/4-inch thick
Prep:30 Minutes, Cook:45 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 15 Minutes
1.heat oven to 375 degree. place a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. boil rice in a saucepan. reduce heat to medium-low, cowl, and simmer until rice is tender, for 20 mins.
3. set up eggplant slices on the organized baking sheet. put olive oil on pinnacle; season with salt and pepper.
4. bake inside the heated oven until tender, 20 to half-hour.
5. lay 1 sheet of nori, shiny-facet down, on a bamboo sushi mat. pat 1/2 of the rice calmly over nori, leaving edges bare. set up four slices of avocado and 1/four cup of the cooked eggplant in a line inside the middle of the rice. moist the edges of the nori with a brush or your arms. roll up tightly the usage of the brink of the mat. repeat with closing nori, rice, avocado, and eggplant.
6. reduce every sushi roll in 1/2 the usage of a pointy knife. reduce each half of into 4 pieces, rinsing off the knife among cuts so that you can cut cleanly thru the rolls.