1. Cream Sauce:
2. 1 tablespoon butter
3. 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
4. 2 cups milk
5. 3 1/2 ounces processed cheese food, grated
6. 3/8 cup heavy whipping cream
7. 1/4 teaspoon salt
8. 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
9. Vegetable Base:
10. 1 small head cauliflower, stalk removed
11. 2 tablespoons butter
12. 1/2 cup minced onion
13. 2 cups diced potato
14. 1/2 cup chopped carrot
15. 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
16. 1/2 cup green peas
17. 1/2 cup chopped green beans
18. 1 tablespoon crushed black peppercorns, divided
19. salt to taste
20. 2 tablespoons bread crumbs (optional)
21. 3 1/2 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
Prep:35 Minutes, Cook:41 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 16 Minutes
1. preheat oven to 350 stages f (a hundred seventy five degrees c). grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
2. melt 1 tablespoon butter in a saucepan over medium heat. whisk in flour and cook, stirring, until lightly browned, 1 to 2 mins. slowly pour in milk, stirring continuously to avoid lumps. simmer till sauce is thickened, 2 to three mins. remove from heat. stir in processed cheese, heavy cream, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and italian seasoning.
3. prick entire cauliflower in numerous locations with a fork. bring a huge pot of lightly salted water to a boil. upload cauliflower and prepare dinner, uncovered, until barely soft, about 3 minutes. drain.
4. melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. upload onion; prepare dinner and stir till translucent, approximately 5 mins. upload potato, carrot, crimson bell peppers, peas, and green beans. season with salt. increase warmth to excessive and cook, stirring often, till vegetables begin to release their moisture, 5 to ten minutes. stir in 1 teaspoon crushed black peppercorns.
five. transfer vegetables to organized baking dish. place entire cauliflower within the middle. pour a few sauce over cauliflower; fold closing sauce in with veggies. sprinkle bread crumbs on pinnacle. scatter parmesan cheese on pinnacle. sprinkle ultimate 2 teaspoons peppercorns over cheese.
6. bake in the preheated oven until golden brown on top, about 20 mins.