this five-component brazilian fish dip is crafted from salt cod whipped with olive oil till creamy, normally served with bread as an appetizer.
1. 1 pound dried salted cod
2. 1 cup olive oil
3. 2 garlic cloves, minced
4. 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
5. salt and ground white pepper to taste
Prep:10 Minutes, Cook:35 Minutes, Ready In:1 d 1 Hours 15 Minutes
1. soak cod in a big bowl of water within the refrigerator for 24 hours, converting soaking water four to 5 instances to remove the salt.
2. rinse the cod under strolling water; drain. cast off skin and bones.
3. transfer cod to a saucepan and cowl with water. warmth over low warmth till it’s miles gentle and flakes effortlessly with a fork, approximately 30 minutes. drain cod and let cool till effortlessly handled, approximately 15 mins. shred finely and transfer to a huge saucepan.
four. location saucepan over low warmth. pour in olive oil in a slow, regular flow, beating vigorously, until aggregate thickens to the consistency of mayonnaise, approximately 5 minutes. stir in garlic, parsley, salt, and white pepper. permit cool earlier than serving, about 15 mins.