selfmade bird stock flavored with lemon grass is blended with carrots, celery, egg noodles and chicken in this heartwarming soup.
1. 1 gallon water
2. 1 (4 pound) whole chicken, cut into pieces
3. 1 large onion, peeled and halved
4. 3 bay leaves
5. 10 whole black peppercorns
6. 2/3 bunch celery, leaves reserved
7. 1 pound whole carrots
8. 3 tablespoons chopped lemon grass (optional)
9. 1/4 cup chicken bouillon powder
10. 1 pound carrots, peeled and sliced
11. 1/3 bunch celery, chopped and leaves reserved
12. 1 (8 ounce) package dry egg noodles
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:2 Hours, Ready In:2 Hours 20 Minutes
1. location fowl and water in a large pot over high warmth and bring to a boil. reduce warmth, cover and simmer, skimming fats as needed, 30 minutes.
2. place the halved onion, bay leaves, peppercorns, entire celery, whole carrots and lemon grass inside the pot and simmer, protected 1 hour.
three. stress broth and reserve fowl. whilst fowl is cool sufficient to deal with, cast off pores and skin and cut meat into chunk-size pieces.
4. go back strained inventory to pot over excessive heat, and stir in bird base, chopped celery and chopped carrots. bring to a boil, then lessen warmth, cowl and simmer 20 minutes, or till carrots are smooth.
5. chop celery leaves and stir into pot with the noodles. simmer till noodles are cooked, about 10 mins extra. stir in fowl and warmth via.