1. 2 teaspoons tahini, divided
2. 3 cups semolina flour
3. 1 cup white sugar
4. 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
5. 1/4 cup butter
6. 2 cups plain yogurt
7. 4 teaspoons baking powder
8. 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
10. 2 1/2 cups water
11. 2 cups white sugar
Prep:15 Minutes, Cook:35 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours
1. preheat oven to four hundred tiers f (200 levels c). clean 1 teaspoon of tahini over the lowest of an 8-inch baking pan.
2. blend semolina flour, 1 cup sugar, coconut, and butter collectively in a bowl.
3. mix yogurt, baking powder, and baking soda together in a bowl; stir till bubbly. pour into the semolina mixture; combine batter nicely the usage of your palms.
4. pour batter into the organized pan; dab the closing 1 teaspoon tahini on top.
5. bake within the preheated oven till cake is about, 30 to 35 minutes.
6. combine water and a pair of cups sugar in a saucepan over high warmth. deliver to a boil; stir to dissolve sugar. take away from warmness and allow to chill barely. pour half of cup of syrup over the baked cake.