these red meat sloppy joes flavored with ginger, lemongrass, and soy sauce are crowned with a wasabi slaw for an asian-stimulated weeknight meal.
1. Sloppy Joes:
2. 1 tablespoon sesame oil
3. 1 pound ground pork
4. 3 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
5. 1 (1 inch) piece minced fresh ginger root
6. 1 stalk lemongrass, tough outer stalks removed, inner stalks thinly sliced
7. 1 teaspoon garlic powder
8. 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
9. 3 tablespoons ketchup
10. salt and ground black pepper to taste
11. Wasabi Slaw:
12. 1 (10 ounce) package shredded cabbage
13. 2 tablespoons wasabi-flavored mayonnaise (such as Trader Joe’s®)
14. 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
15. 1 tablespoon lime juice
16. 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:10 Minutes, Ready In:30 Minutes
1. heat sesame oil in a massive skillet over medium warmth. upload pork; cook dinner and stir until pork is now not pink, approximately 5 to 7 mins. upload scallions, ginger, lemongrass, and garlic powder; cook and stir until aromatic, 2 to a few mins.
2. reduce warmness to low. stir in soy sauce and ketchup. cook dinner till flavors combine and mixture thickens slightly, three to five mins. season with salt and pepper.
three. combine cabbage, wasabi mayonnaise, rice vinegar, and lime juice in a massive bowl; toss to combine slaw.
four. split each bread roll and fill with beef combination. top with slaw earlier than serving.