1. 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
2. 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3. 1/3 cup water
4. 1/3 cup fish sauce
5. 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
6. 1/4 cup minced jalapeno pepper, or to taste
7. 1 teaspoon soy sauce
8. 1 teaspoon minced garlic
9. 2 teaspoons olive oil, or to taste
Prep:15 Minutes, Cook:16 Minutes, Ready In:36 Minutes
1. Mix brown sugar, water, fish sauce, green onion, jalapeno pepper, soy sauce, and garlic together in a bowl.
2. Heat olive oil in a skillet over high heat. Add chicken and brown on all sides, about 3 minutes per side.
3. Pour 1/3 brown sugar mixture into the skillet. Cook on high heat until thickened and caramelized but not blackened, about 5 minutes. Add remaining mixture; simmer until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 5 to 7 minutes more. Remove from heat, cover, and let sit to thicken further, about 5 minutes.