1. 2 tablespoons olive oil
2. 3/4 cup minced onion
3. 3 cloves garlic, minced
4. 4 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
5. 4 cups uncooked jasmine rice
6. 2 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
7. 1/2 cup minced deveined and seeded yellow banana peppers, or to taste
8. 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
9. 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
10. 1 cup corn kernels, fresh off the cob
11. 1 cup frozen peas
12. 1 cup diced carrots
13. 1 cup diced seeded and deveined red sweet pepper
14. 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken stock, or more as needed, divided (optional)
15. 3 tablespoons butter, cut in small pieces
Prep:40 Minutes, Cook:38 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 18 Minutes
1. warmness oil in a dutch oven over medium-excessive warmness. saute onions until translucent, about five minutes. add garlic; saute till aromatic, about 3 mins. add four 1/2 cups bird stock, rice, chopped chook, banana peppers, turmeric, and salt. carry soup to a boil.
2. region corn, peas, carrots, and crimson pepper into the soup. cover and decrease warmness to low. permit simmer, stirring once in a while, until flavors combination, about 10 mins. add 2 tablespoons fowl stock if dry. top with pats of butter.
3. area dutch oven on a warmness diffuser to allow rice to brown on the bottom, 10 to 15 mins. cook and stir, including chicken inventory 2 tablespoons at a time if wished, till rice is smooth but firm, five minutes more.