this pureed soup is made with pink lentils, dried apricots and tomatoes cooked in chook broth with cumin and thyme. the addition of sparkling lemon juice prior to serving intensifies the flavors.
1. 3 tablespoons olive oil
2. 1 onion, chopped
3. 2 cloves garlic, minced
4. 1/3 cup dried apricots
5. 1 1/2 cups red lentils
6. 5 cups chicken stock
7. 3 roma (plum) tomatoes – peeled, seeded and chopped
8. 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
9. 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
10. salt to taste
11. ground black pepper to taste
12. 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Prep:15 Minutes, Cook:50 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 5 Minutes
1. saute onion, garlic, and apricots in olive oil. upload lentils and inventory. convey to a boil, then reduce warmness and simmer half-hour.
2. stir in tomatoes, and season with cumin, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste. simmer for 10 mins.
three. stir in lemon juice. puree 1/2 of the soup in a blender, then go back to the pot. serve.