1. 1 cup butter, divided
2. 2 cups white sugar, divided
3. 2 eggs
4. 2 cups grated peeled apple
5. 1 cup all-purpose flour
6. 1 teaspoon baking soda
7. 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
8. 1 teaspoon nutmeg
9. 1 pinch salt
10. 1/2 cup milk
11. 1 tablespoon rum
12. 1 pinch ground nutmeg, or to taste
Prep:15 Minutes, Cook:45 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours
1. preheat oven to 400 tiers f (two hundred levels c). grease a deep 4-quart baking dish.
2. beat 1/2 cup butter and 1 cup sugar together in a massive bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. stir eggs into butter mixture until easy; stir in grated apple.
three. whisk flour, baking soda, cinnamon, 1 teaspoon nutmeg, and salt together. stir flour combination into apple aggregate; spoon into prepared dish.
4. bake in the preheated oven till a toothpick inserted near the center comes out easy, about 35 minutes.
5. warmness final 1 cup sugar, final 1/2 cup butter, and milk in a small saucepan over low warmness until sugar is melted, approximately 10 mins; stir in rum and ultimate pinch nutmeg just earlier than serving. serve sauce over pudding.