1. 4 cups 1/4-inch chunks watermelon rind
2. 1 cup 1/4-inch chunks onion
3. 1/4 cup salt
4. 2 cups apple cider vinegar
5. 1 cup white sugar
6. 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
7. 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
8. 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
9. 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
10. 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
11. 1/4 teaspoon ground dried chipotle pepper
12. 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
13. canning jars with lids and rings
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:40 Minutes, Ready In:1 d 1 Hours
1. stir watermelon rind, onion, and salt together in a huge bowl; refrigerate till liquid has been launched from the rind, about 24 hours.
2. integrate vinegar, sugar, ginger, garlic, cinnamon, mustard, turmeric, chipotle pepper, and cloves in a large saucepan; carry to a boil. lower heat to low and simmer till sugar is dissolved, approximately 10 minutes. upload watermelon rind mixture and simmer for half-hour more.
3. sterilize the jars and lids in boiling water for as a minimum 5 minutes. % piccalilli into hot, sterilized jars, filling to inside 1/four inch of the top. run a knife or thin spatula across the insides of the jars when they were filled to do away with any air bubbles. wipe the rims of the jars with a moist paper towel to take away any food residue. pinnacle with lids and screw on jewelry.
4. area a rack inside the bottom of a big stockpot and fill midway with water. bring to a boil and lower jars into the boiling water the use of a holder. depart a 2-inch space among the jars. pour in more boiling water if vital to deliver the water level to at least 1 inch above the tops of the jars. convey the water to a rolling boil, cover the pot, and manner for 15 mins.
5. put off the jars from the stockpot and location onto a fabric-included or wooden surface, several inches apart, till cool. as soon as cool, press the top of each lid with a finger, making sure that the seal is tight (lid does not pass up or down in any respect). keep in a fab, dark region.